Member benefits include a welcome guide, a newsletter subscription, access to the Members Only section of our website, and much more.
The Welcome Guide contains “Genealogy 101“ with some basic steps to starting your family history and a guide to finding ancestors in Ireland and the United States; blank forms of a pedigree chart, a family record chart and a research log; a map of the provinces and counties of Ireland; a relationship chart; a list of jurisdictions in Ireland; and a list of county libraries in Ireland.
Members Only Website Access This is where you will find:
- The Forum Newsletter Members receive a subscription to our award-winning quarterly Newsletter and have access to past issues in the Members Only section of our website.
- IFHF Surname Database This interactive online database includes surnames being researched by our members, the Irish county and town of origin, local U.S. residence(s), and other localities, along with dates for both of the place-name categories
- Discussion Board where you can introduce your own topic or join in ongoing conversations on Surnames and Locations, DNA Testing and Genealogy, General Discussions and Inquiries, etc.
- Handouts from previous meetings.
- Genealogy 101 Here you will find a list of sites to help you get started.
Monthly Meetings are held on the third Saturday of the month, September through November and January through June, at the Bethpage Public Library in Bethpage, NY.
The John Rowane Memorial Library contains over 500 publications. Most materials are available to be borrowed by members or can be used in the library, located within the Family History Center in Plainview, NY.
We also maintain a genealogy reference collection in the reference area of the Bethpage Public Library in Bethpage, Long Island.
Group Trips – to various museums, cemeteries, and other places of interest to genealogists and Irish family historians.
Annual Christmas Party
Membership in the Irish Family History Forum is available as follows:
- Individual $25 (non-U.S., $30)
- Family, $35
The Forum works to preserve and make available physical and electronic resources, via both the internet and the Forum’s library of physical materials housed at the LDS Family History Center in Plainview, NY. You can help us by donating.