- 1. To promote awareness of and interest in Irish history, genealogy, family history, culture, and tradition, and foster the study thereof by conducting meetings, workshops, seminars, field trips, and educational programs.
- 2. To encourage the preservation of genealogical records and public access to civil and religious records.
- 3. To disseminate and publish genealogical and historical materials, including a newsletter, at its discretion.
- 4. To promote and adhere to the highest ethical and scholarly standards in its endeavors.
- 5. To do such other things it may elect to do to further the purposes of the Forum as set forth in its Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws.
- Speakers on various genealogy and Irish cultural topics
- Genealogy Education Sessions with our education chairperson
- Opportunities to ask one-on-one questions of our “experts”
- Refreshment break to meet and socialize with other members
Refreshment Break Meet and socialize with other members.
Ask the Experts This is an opportunity to meet one-on-one with an experienced genealogist to ask a basic genealogy question.
Speaker Most months we present professional speakers on various topics of interest to our members.
Check our Calendar for information about upcoming meetings and events.You can also visit us on Facebook.
NewsletterOur award winning- newsletter, published quarterly, features articles on such topics as Irish genealogy resources, repositories, websites, members’ research experiences, occupations and traditions of our Irish ancestors, Irish and Irish American history, research tips, and recommended books.
Website Our Website, offers access to our:
- interactive Libraryindex
- Blog with information on current topics of interest
- list of useful genealogy Links.
- Surname Database to identify and exchange information on ancestral names and locations of common interest
- Discussion Board to facilitate discussion on various topics of interest
- Meeting Handouts from previous meetings
- Archive of back copies of the Newsletter
- Irish Genealogy Research Guide,
- Welcome Guide,
- Newsletter subscription,
- Access to the Member Resources section of our website
- Library access
- Participation in trips, tours, social events
- Much more.
- Individual $25
- Family $35
- Student $15